Dab Rigs Under $50
Featured above is our fan favorite International Trap Star Sake Bottle Dab Rig
...Before we get ahead of ourselves, we’ve attached a master’s guide to dabbing so if you’re new to dabbing don’t be afraid, Cloud 9 has the tips and tools to get your banger glowin' and your head smokin'!
What is Smoking Dabs?
Before you start dancing, this is isn’t Migos' sensational dance trend. This kind of dabbing references the consumption of concentrated dry herb, which can be extracted using a variety of methods. When extracted, the flower breaks down into a honey-like consistency that bears the same color.
A word to the wise: if your concentrate is dark, murky or—god forbid— BLACK, that means that your concentrate was made from trim, low quality flower, and/or hasn’t been completely purged of butane or other chemicals used during the extraction process.
Let’s make this simple, dry herb is to beer as dabs are to liquor. When you extract this delicious ooze from the dry herb, its easier to obtain the full cannabinoid profile of the flower, especially when your dab nail/banger is correctly heated.
So what do you need to get started using a dab rig?
We’ve got everything covered in the picture below.
DTHC Wavy Hollow Dab Rig ONLY 39.99
So What is a Dab Rig Exactly?
To put it simply, a dab rig is a water pipe. It functions in the same manner as a regular water pipe, but instead of smoking dry herb you’ll actually be vaporizing concentrate.
The difference between vapor and smoke is simply the difference between a regular lighter normally used to smoke dry herb and the torch that’s used to head your dab nail before each use. As a result, using a dab rig is actually safer for your lungs as long as you let your nail cool long enough.
A DAB NAIL OR BANGER SHOULD NEVER GLOW WHEN YOU DROP CONCENTRATE INTO IT.
Photo Credit: The Dab Lab
Similar to a water pipe, a dab rig percolates and diffuses the vapor to deliver a cooler, smoother toke as long as you heat your nail correctly.
How Do I Take a Dab?
Photo Credit: Leafly
Don't be intimidated by the torch and fancy equipment, dabbing is simple and easy if you follow these steps!
1. First, fill your dab rig with the appropriate amount of water. If it does not require water, heat the nozzle.
2. Turn the dial on your torch to release either Co2 or Butane.
3. Press the ignite button and be sure to do it quickly. The gasses inside these dab torches can build in a closed space and potentially erupt if contacted by a spark or flame.
4. Begin to heat your dab nail/banger until it glows. DO NOT DROP CONCENTRATE YET.
- Wait 15 seconds for most cloud with small elements of taste and flavor.
- Wait 30 seconds for a moderately sized cloud and fair taste & flavor elements.
- wait 45 seconds for a light cloud and maximum taste and flavor profile.
5. Place or drop concentrate onto dab nail or banger.
6. Begin inhaling the smoke.
7. Quickly place carb cap onto the dab nail or banger and spin it, directing the airflow to more evenly burn your concentrate.
8. Clear your dab rig with ease like the boss you are.
9. Exhale that sweet terpy honey
10. Melt into your chosen seating area.
How Do I Clean My Dab Rig
Check Out Resinate Blue ONLY 9.99
Cleaning your dab rig can actually be quite simple when compared to scraping the goopy resin from a regular dry herb water pipe. A concentrate leaves behind far less resin and usually keeps the inside of your dab rig a bit cleaner.
Cloud 9's got you covered!
- Resinate Cleaning Solution (Blue)
- Ziploc bags
- Glob Mops
- Handheld Torch
- Separate your carb cap and banger or nail from the dab rig itself and place them into a bag.
- Pour Resinate Cleaning Solution (Blue) into each bag and shake the solution around until debris begin floating in the bag. Continue to shake for a couple minute before letting the solution set for approximately 20 minutes.
- Rinse whatever is left inside your dab rig out and replace with Resinate Blue.
- Repeat the same shake and sit routine for the entire dab rig as you did for the carb cap and dab nail or banger.
- Wash everything THOROUGHLY with Hot Water. Remember, you're about to heat your dab rig to very high temperatures and if you leave cleaning solution on your dab rig you're going to be smoking that too!
- Rinse your dab rig completely. Three-five rinses with steaming hot water should guarantee that your dab rig is free from solution.
- If there's a lot of resin build up and your dab nail or banger is caked with a charred material, heating it with your torch momentarily can loosen that gunk from your dab rig.
- If you're struggling to get into those hard to reach areas of your dab rig or water pipe, Glob Mops are great tools to utilize to get that stubborn resin our of the corners of your dab rig!
Why Should I Dab?
Staff Favorite: MAV Glass Eureka Honeyball Disc W/ Ball Dab Rig
So, you’ve been primarily smoking dry herb and you don’t see a reason to switch to concentrates or use a dab rig at all, but did you know concentrate users are able to absorb approximately +55% more THC, CBD, and many of the other neurologically beneficial cannabinoids than dry herb users?
This is because concentrates have a more, well, concentrated and broad cannabinoid profile that is also highly bioavailable via vapor.
This means that the human body can more readily absorb the chemical compounds in the case of dab rigs and concentrates than in water pipes and dry herb.
When we say approximately +55% more, we mean it in the sense that THC levels in dry herb range from about 10%-30% concentration, while concentrate stand somewhere between 70%-99% THC. This again draws from the comparison of beer to liquor, but in this case medicinal users may find that concentrates have a higher efficacy than dry herb.
This brings up a point I mentioned previously: when you dab you’re not actually smoking the concentrate in your dab rig, but instead heating the nail until it’s hot but not glowing and creating a vapor from the concentrate. When executed correctly, the cool, water-diffused vapor is much easier on your throat and lung fibers than dry herb wrapped in a paper or tobacco leaf. This minimizes the potential for throat and lung related illnesses or infections, but remember if you’re feeling significant pain or discomfort smoking or dabbing make sure to check in with your doctor.
Besides the positive health benefits, utilizing a dab rig is also a great tool to smoke discreetly. I know I’ve been in situations, usually with work or family, where it wouldn’t be socially acceptable to roll a joint or a blunt, but because I had a compact dab rig (like the one below) was able to enjoy a few concentrates and chill before facing the stress of work or family.
The Benefits of a Dab Rig Under $50
- Great on-the-go pieces for travel
- Tempered glass so durable AND compact
- Great to get started dabbing
- Sets a baseline for a user to find out what qualities they enjoy in a dab rig
For most 420 friendly folks, dry herb is the first and most frequent route of administration, but the world of dabbing could open you up to new experiences and maybe even put a couple extra dollars in your pocket (as concentrates are more potent than flower so you will require less to achieve the same feeling. A dag rig under $50 is a great way to plunge into this new territory without breaking the bank!
Best Dab Rigs Under $50
Now that everyone has been brought up to speed on the concentrate game, taking a dab from your dab rig should only be a challenge when you’re dropping big ol’ chunks of earwax on you dab nail or banger.
Next, you’ve got to consider a few things. Do you prefer a simple dab rig with a solid percolator system or are you looking for a stylish heady piece. A lot of dab rigs will get the job done, but some prior knowledge would definitely help you select which dab rig is best for you, especially in the realm of dab rigs under 50$.
Let's get started with Cloud 9's Favorites
Gambino Cyclone Recycler Dab Rig $49.99
Gambino Cyclone Recycler Dab Rig Features
- Savor in convenience and potency with this mini dab rig
- Borosilicate glass craftsmanship
- 10mm fixed female joint piece
- Bent neck with flared mouthpiece
- Hour-glass shaped body with two external arms for optimal recycling
- Gambino branded logo on the neck
- Measurements: Approx. 4” height | 2” base diameter
Paradise Silicone Rip n’ Flip Features
- Enjoy quality dabs with this nectar collector
- Made from medical grade silicone
- Non-toxic, 100% washable
- Can be taken apart for storage and cleaning
- Quartz tip
- Measurements: Approx. 5” length
Paradise Silicone N Flip $9.99
Gambino Pocket Rocket Dab Rig $19.99
Gambino Pocket Rocket Dab Rig Features
- Relish in convenient dab seshes with this mini dab rig!
- Sleek, durable architecture crafted from borosilicate glass
- 90-degree fixed perc downstem
- Triple diffused percolator
- 10mm female joint piece
- Bent neck with flared mouthpiece
- Lipped splash guard
- Gambino Studios golden branded logo
DTHC Layered Pyramid Dab Rig Features
- Avail quality design with this beautiful dab rig!
- Borosilicate glass craftsmanship
- Straight neck with flared mouthpiece
- Layered pyramid body
- 90-degree joint with fixed perc downstem
- Slitted disc percolator
- Comes with a 14mm roll-stop male slide
- Colored accents
- Available in 3 color options
- Measurements: Approx. 6" height | 3" base diameter
DTHC Pyramid Layered Dab Rig $39.99
Be sure to check out our related blogs for more information on dabbing concentrates, smoking flower, and much, much more!